The Church of England (now the Anglican Church) commissioned the construction of the rectory in 1850. The construction of Saint Paul's, the mother church, which is located about two hundred metres to the west, wasn't completed until 1856. It is understood that as the Rectory preceded the Church some early services were held at the Rectory.
The Church of England sold the Rectory in 1945, after which it passed into private ownership but was called the "Old Rectory" in recognition of its past association with the Church.
The current owners have just completed a major renovation of both house and garden.